Thursday, November 10, 2005

Health: Garlic voodoo

I had to climb around in our turbine 2 days ago without any safety shoes on. Sure enough, I hit my wee toe on some metal, and it swelled up like a raspberry lollipop. It hurts!

*Psst psst... Girls, help me out here.

I had to bleed the ol' toe out with a needle to relieve some clogged up pressure. As Murphy's law has it, I had no antiseptic or alcohol to clean the needle. I didn't have candles either, to burn the needle every time I stick it into my toe.

Darn~

Right about then, I remembered mum telling me about how they used to disinfect needles for ear piercing with raw garlic! Let me try it out then.

48 hours later, my toe still doesn't look infected... In fact, its doing good now. I guess it pays to listen to your mum. ;)

3 Comments:

At November 10, 2005 7:39 AM, Blogger Felix :O) said...

i never knew that... good stuff!

 
At November 12, 2005 5:05 AM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I had a friend from Turkey that told me that a few years ago; I forgot all about it!

Nice pic to accompany that entry.

 
At November 12, 2005 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came across your blog accidentally. Like the way you write about stuff. Down to Earth & creative...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home