Monday, November 07, 2005

Food: Morning wood!

I guess you could say my curiosity got the better of me one morning driving to work.


You see, there's this vendor that's always parked on the side of the streets. He's got blocks of wood, all laid out on the side. Apparently he sells Chilk (칡) wood tea??!!

Oh well, what the heck... so I tried it.



Root: Arrowroot (칡), or Pueraria thunbergiana.
How its made: Juice squeezed from a press, like sugar cane.
Texture: Thick black coffee with schmuck/muddy sediment.
Taste: Dirt + Wood... although the after taste wasn't bad.
Treatment for: Hangovers, Common cold, Diabetes, Eye pain, Fever, Neck pain & Menopausal symptoms (What was I thinking!!)

Here's the catch ~ The guy only sells this in the morning. Talk about morning wood!

6 Comments:

At November 07, 2005 5:48 PM, Blogger todaealas said...

Looked odd... How much is it?

 
At November 07, 2005 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost spit out my coffee when I read the "morning wood" comment.

My hat goes off to you, that was a great one.

 
At November 07, 2005 10:04 PM, Blogger Felix :O) said...

strange, just strange... lol!

 
At November 08, 2005 9:37 AM, Blogger Kurios1978 said...

todaealas: The drink was like... USD$2

g: Hope you didn't ruin your computer! lol

Felix: Thats what I thought too, but the packaged version is much nicer. However, its nothing like the original!

 
At November 08, 2005 11:56 PM, Blogger Dick Chan said...

i would like some Wood please...

 
At November 09, 2005 7:12 AM, Blogger Kurios1978 said...

Siyang, You sure can... special offer for only $2! :) Otherwise you could buy the packaged ones, probably in a Korean sundry shop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home