Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Announcement: Home-bound

*Drum roll...

I will be back in Kuala Lumpur (KL) this coming week for a vacation, leaving Korea on the 11th Nov and flying off again to Korea on 19th Nov.

See that little highlight on my ticket that says "Valid on Malaysian Airline operated flights only"? You wouldn't believe how much trauma that caused me to book my flight out of Korea.

You see, normal tickets allow you to go on what they call code-share flights ~ flights operated by say Cathay Pacific or Korean Airlines. My open ticket, which I flew to Korea with, didn't allow that, and there were ZERO Malaysian Airline flights going out of Korea for like two weeks.

Bummer ~ I must make it to William and Sharon's wedding this Saturday!

I gave up using the original open ticket after trying to juggle with tonnes of loose-ends at work and multiple phonecalls with the local, as well as Malaysian travel agent, which was on semi-hiatus for Deeparaya. Now, I've resorted to getting a new ticket with Korean Air out of Seoul, and getting a refund on the original ticket. The lesson that I learnt this week...

NO MORE "VALID ON XX AIRLINE OPERATED FLIGHTS ONLY" TICKETS!!

From now on, I will raise hell if the travel agent gives me tickets like this again.

*I do complain a lot don't I? :)

2 Comments:

At November 10, 2005 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really good information for me. Thank you!!!

 
At November 10, 2005 5:04 PM, Blogger edina monsoon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home