Thursday, February 02, 2006

People: Meliana and gang

Apart from Mr. Lee's, New Year was funtastilicious catching up with Meliana and her entourage who were on tour in Korea for 5 days... after a bit of a runaround in Seoul that is. This was attributed to a last minute change of plans on part of the tour guide, as well as communication problems. They could only rely on public phones when not on the tour bus!!

It was the first time I met the others who came with Meliana, including her sister ~ Mei Hoa, Rio and Esther. They are all Indonesian-Chinese working in Singapore.

Events of the night: I brought the bunch out for a *REAL Korean dinner after we met up.

*Hey... can't get any REAL-LER than having a meal cooked by a KOREAN in KOREA right?

So I get them all settled in with the cultural do's and do not's. There was also the necessary introduction to Mr. Soju, one of the most influential figures in the Korean culinary scene. *Wink wink

What I did NOT tell them however, was that the grilled eel (Jangeo gu-i ~ 장어구이) we had, was considered as one of the most potent natural aphrodisiacs (Read: V.I.A.G.R.A.) that the Koreans hold dear too. Eel ranks up top with the likes of Ginseng, as well as dog.

*If you 4 people are reading this, sorry lah... I just remembered!

After the meal, we continued to stay up for a bit, catching up on details we might have missed out on during the meal. Unfortunately though, our time together only lasted 11 hours, of which 6 of it was spent with me bunking over in Rio's room for the night.

Humbug ~ wished we could spend more time... but the gang had to run off to do their sightseeing with the tour group the next morning.

I MISS YOU GUYS!!

Before I forget... They brought me some coconut jam, or fondly known as KAYA from home!! I never knew how much I missed the stuff until I had it for breakfast yesterday.


Mmmmph!
.....Oooooh!
..........Aaaaah!


God bless their little two shoes!

9 Comments:

At February 02, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger A world that i've seen said...

wah....fun gathering for makan makan.
eel is yummy...any sashimi?
wah..u have kaya..so hanfook...
if u like to cook, can give u the recipe of kaya...then u can try ur own...hehehehe....

 
At February 03, 2006 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are blessed indeed... so far yet get to meet friends from nativeland... KAYA! Yum yum...

 
At February 03, 2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Kurios1978 said...

Jo: Korean raw fish is also quite famous. Here, the Japanese sashimi equivalent is Hoai, and the Japanese sushi equivalent is called Chobap. Kaya... no need lah. Will be home in a few months.

M@ri: It was good indeed... the company was excellent.

 
At February 03, 2006 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

home in a few months????? really???

when when when???

 
At February 04, 2006 3:43 AM, Blogger A world that i've seen said...

erm...i think korean beef is nice..kimchi is nice..yum yum..last time my coursemate she is korean also didnt cook korean food to let me taste...sigh...
Kaya ah...homemade one is different frm the commercial one...anyway, as long as taste good and enjoy it..hehehe...

 
At February 04, 2006 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I am curious how does Shoju taste like... It look "kang" when people drink it in the movies... *.*

 
At February 04, 2006 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soju tastes exactly like Vodka. Click my nick for a review.

 
At February 22, 2006 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now, this was missing story. my sisters didnt tell me that they had aphrodisiac! hahaha... o what happen to them? i know mel will act nuthin, mei's face will turn red, and rio? hmm go drunk? hahaha... should have been joining them to korea... at least later i can say sarangeh... thanx for treating my sisters =) K.

 
At February 23, 2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Kurios1978 said...

K: Welcome to the blog. It's great, so now I know the whole family!! Good man ~ If you are ever on Friendster, do add me to your list as "Vincent Tan".

Let's keep in touch, and I'm sure we all will have the chance to get together sometime when I visit Singapore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home