Friday, December 09, 2005

Announcement: Can I come to Australia??

This came in the mail yesterday. Yup ~ a reply for my long awaited application to be an Australian Permanent Resident!

It's not quite approved yet, and they still need two documents:
  1. Medical checkup (fair enough)
  2. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score... shudder in disbelief!
OK, so what does that mean: My English is bad? I have always been speaking a minority language, while traveling the world with multi-national companies for the last 5 years? This blog was completely written up by my personal assistant while I recited ideas to *HER in dialects?!

*Yes, I wouldn't mind not being able to speak English in that case.

Anyway, I have written a letter of appeal to the case officer. There was an exemption clause in the English testing requirements document, which I feel that I've fulfilled. I had taken this test in 1996 anyway, but only that it has passed the expiration period of 2 years. We will see what goes.

But usually at this stage, you could pretty much call it good on the application once the required documents are in. So Australia... hold on to your wigs and panties, because Vincent's storming into town by 2006!

10 Comments:

At December 09, 2005 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yippppppeeeeee...
:)

 
At December 09, 2005 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah... someone gonna become 'australian' !

 
At December 09, 2005 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring it on!! :)

if u need help with english, i have notes from my course. LOL.

 
At December 09, 2005 11:48 AM, Blogger Kea said...

send them this blog and prove to them that your english is probably better than theirs! hahaha....

australia?! nz is better!! :P

 
At December 09, 2005 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaa.....you got your degree from malaysia? If it's in a western country it should be ok...

You coming to Australia??? Which part????

 
At December 09, 2005 9:09 PM, Blogger Kurios1978 said...

Sunshine: You know how I felt this morning... Argh!

SmashPop: Aiyah, still Malaysian citizen lah. Have one extra visa on my passport onli...

k.: Let's hope my 2nd (SECOND!) letter of appeal works, and I don't have to do it anymore! Just found out that the nearest IELTS test center is 5 friggin hours away in Seoul!

kea: I'd rather stay away from those fairies and ogres left over from when they shot LOTR in NZ thankuverymuch.

gene: It applies to ANY university, regardless whether its from Australia, or any English speaking country. I got mine in Melbourne. That's where I want to be eventually.

 
At December 10, 2005 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take me with youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

 
At December 10, 2005 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrates!

 
At December 10, 2005 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what? means i have to take it too??? they didnt tell me that though....

 
At December 11, 2005 6:59 AM, Blogger Kurios1978 said...

gene: Yours is an onshore application. I am not sure what difference there is to mine. I am under General Skilled Migration. You don't have to worry, as they will send you a letter requesting for more information, if required. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home